RE: NLS_CHARACTERSET - Japanese to English

From: <raman.yagna_at_db.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:58:27 +0800

--0__=uAxh8ZrBo599w5mKTeNo6WVVHf8kM9mtdIbSzGc9fPRIsVku4tJfXTb0

Hi all,

        Attached is a document which will explain more about OTM .

(See attached file: Otm.doc)

Regards,
Raman

From: LBhat_at_levi.com on 23/08/2000 04:04 GMT

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

To: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
cc:
Subject: RE: NLS_CHARACTERSET - Japanese to English

Hi Raman,

Can you explain more what else this can do. I browsed the oracle/technet site. The manual available talks about how to use it.

Thanks.

Bhat

raman.yagna_at_db.com
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2000 9:24 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

hi,

       Can you try Oracle Traslation manager . We have done from English to German . But vice versa , i've not tried.

Regards,
Raman

Not really since there not English characters. What you need is a translator
which I do not believe exists.

BTW: I have a similar problem with German characters in one of our databases.

Dick Goulet

Author: LBhat_at_LEVI.com
Date:       8/21/00 2:14 AM

Hi All,

I have a database which has the characterset of JA16JIS (Japanese)

Is there a way I can get the text stored in Japanese Character set to be retrieved in English.

Regards.
Bhat

  INET: LBhat_at_LEVI.com

  INET: LBhat_at_LEVI.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Aug 23 2000 - 00:58:27 CDT