RE: logical differing from physical

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_bcbso.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:22:48 -0700 (PDT)

You will need an 'attibutive' or 'intersection' table to resolve the M-M relation.

Logical:

| |
| |
| |
| a |
| |

     \|/

     /|\
-------------

| |
| |
| b |
| |
| |

Physical:

          |               |
          |               |
          | intersection  |
          |               |
          |               |
          -----------------
             \|/      \|/
              |        |
              |        |
              |        |
              |        |
              |        |
     -------------   -------------
     |           |   |           |
     |           |   |           |
     |    a      |   |     b     |
     |           |   |           |

Jared

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Weaver, Walt wrote:

> Guess I'll have to show a bit of ignorance here. Why would this take 3
> tables to implement properly?
>
> --Walt Weaver
>   Bozeman, Montana USA

Jared Still
Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;-) Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon Received on Wed Aug 23 2000 - 15:22:48 CDT