Inactive connections /process exceeds

From: Rajanish Joshi <dbaoracle2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 00:30:12 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Friends,
We are developing a portal,at development site we have linux and oracle 8.0.4 (NO MTS) we are connecting to database with type 3 driver of jdbc .We have developed a connection pool program which creates connection pool to the oracle .My major problem is that when I check
v$session it shows many inactive connections and some times its give error that process exceeds .

I am giving output of the query I fired against database. And also I want to exact which process is spwaning new connection .Is this possible? Please guide me.

USERNAME   PROGRAM                   TERMINAL   STATUS
    PROCESS      SERIAL#
---------- ------------------------- ----------
---------- ---------- ---------
MD         JDBC-1.0-Client           unknown
INACTIVE                    192
MD         JDBC-1.0-Client           unknown
INACTIVE                     96
MD         SQLPLUSW.EXE              OSHO       ACTIVE
    185:57            66
MD         JDBC-1.0-Client           unknown
INACTIVE                     29
MD         JDBC-1.0-Client           unknown
INACTIVE                     32
MD         JDBC-1.0-Client           unknown
INACTIVE                     24
MD         JDBC-1.0-Client           unknown
INACTIVE                     33
MD         JDBC-1.0-Client           unknown
INACTIVE                     66
MD         JDBC-1.0-Client           unknown
INACTIVE                     28
MD         SQLPLUSW.EXE              SACHIN-SAL
INACTIVE   251:234           80
MD         D:\WINNT\Profiles\pallam\ PRASANTH
INACTIVE   60:101            29
           Desktop\SQL PLus.lnk

Thanks in advance ,

Regards,
Rajanish Joshi
Pune India

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail  Free email you can access from anywhere! Received on Tue Aug 22 2000 - 02:30:12 CDT