Re: Recovery Manager setup

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:32:21 -0400

My suggestion would be tocreate a small database which will contain the recovery catalog and it will be owned by rman. When you do this you can backup any other database using this recovery catalog.

I got a paper from Oracle, note 50875.1, titled 'Getting Started with Server:Managed Recovery (SMR) and RMAN'
You can look for this on Metalink. It is excerpt from the Server Backup and Recovery Manual.

If you can't find this I could Xerox it and send it snailmail. We don't have a scanner.

HTH,
Ruth