RE: DBA tools advice needed

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 16:30:50 -0500

Hi Andrey,

Take a look at Quest's "Spotlight on Oracle", formerly known as "Instance Monitor", at http://www.quest.com, for your monitoring. It's relatively inexpensive (you'll need to talk to a salesman for $$$ info), and it has a plethora of drill downs and alarms and advice that you can use to find out what's wrong.

Although, now that I've taken the O8i Perf Tuning class, I can more easily identify what advice from all the monitoring tools to ignore... ;D

Also, you might want to take a look at TOAD while you're at Quest. Very cool, dirt cheap, and supposedly TOAD DBA will be even cooler...

Good luck!

Rich Jesse                          System/Database Administrator
Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com             QTI -- Sussex, WI USA