Problem with password file

From: Helmut Daiminger <hdaiminger_at_vivonet.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 16:54:50 -0700

Hi!

This is 8.1.6 on Windows 2000

Since I wanted to change the INTERNAL user's password, I backed up the old pwd file to a different location and deleted the old pwd file.

Then I had a new password file created using orapwd: orapwd file=c:\...\pwdorcl.ora password=new_pwd entries=10

This created a new password file in the specified location.

But if I bring up svrmgrl now and try to log in as internal/new_pwd I get an "insufficient privileges" error.

The "remote_login_password_file" init.ora parameter is set to "exclusive".

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, Received on Tue Aug 15 2000 - 18:54:50 CDT