Webdb - how to access a different database

From: Nguyen, Long <Long.Nguyen_at_its.csiro.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 13:45:40 +1000

Hi,

I am learning Webdb. I have just installed webdb 2.2 on a solaris 2.6 server in a db called MYDB. So far I am working through the tutorial to become familiar with it. All db access so far has been on MYDB, where the webdb's PL/SQL packages are insatlled.

Question: From Webdb I want to access a different database aclled NEWDB on a different box, basically just login to that db under a userid and do a browse of db objects there . How would I configure webdb to do it? I think I need to create a DAD for that db, but do I need to load all the required packages on that NEWDB as well?

Thanks Received on Mon Aug 14 2000 - 22:45:40 CDT