RE: Events, complete list?

From: Glenn Travis <Glenn.Travis_at_wcom.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 10:25:45 -0400

Speaking of the message file...

I just finished installing Oracle Client and SQLPlus (8.1.6) on Solaris. However, when I use sqlplus (and get an error), oracle cannot find the oraus.msg file to print the errors. Low and behold, the file is not there ($ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/mesg/oraus.msg).

Question is; At what point does this file get installed? Only when installing the server? Why not for client or sqlplus? There are numerous .msb files in the directory, including kgpus.msg and ocius.msg, but none others.