RE: OFF TOPIC : HP-UX OS BLOCK SIZe

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 03:47:51 +1000

Hi All,

No, the device block size under HP-UX is defined as 1024 bytes. See the #define for DEV_BSIZE in /usr/include/sys/param.h to verify. Many HP-UX utilities report 512-byte blocks merely for compatibility with other Unix flavours.

In any event, except its impact on the log block size, you should normally regard the term "O/S block size" as meaning the file system buffer size rather than the device block size. There is much more on this on my web site.

Regards,
Steve Adams

http://www.ixora.com.au/
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orinternals/