question on a "OCP reveiw question"

From: Guang Mei <zlmei_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 15:30:23 GMT

Hi:
Thanks for everyone who answered my previous questions. Now I have a new one.
I am reading OCP CRAM_EXAM book (author: Michael Ault) . I am confused by the following practice question:

Which privilege can only be granted to a user?

a. Alter
b. Delete
c. Index
d. Insert

Book's answer is c.

Could anyone tell me why? Are we taking about system privilege or object privilege here? I don't remember anything particular between granting privilege to a user or a role.

Thanks.

Guang