RE: Urgent: Can connect internal but hangs when connecting as oth

From: <Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:25:49 -0500

Thanks for your reply. I found the problem. After hanging for 20 minutes, eventually an
Oracle error was produced that said we are out of operating system memory.

As an aside, does anyone have any formulas for calculating what the shared memory semaphores
should be in /etc/system. I've found a formula for one or two of them but it's hard to know
what to set the others to other then just trial and error increasing them.

Thanks,

Cherie Received on Thu Aug 03 2000 - 10:25:49 CDT