RE: Unix Block Size

From: Rajesh Dayal <Rajesh_at_ohitelecom.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 17:06:54 +0400

Now I have confirmed it from One of the Unix Gurus that the default Unix Block size of DEC Unix is 8K (which is the case right now). One can check it using command

disklabel /dev/rrz9c

But what about the Oracle Block size? Should I go for 8k or not? As I said the Maximum Row length of application's biggest table is not more than 400. Please advice.

        What could be the disadvantages if I still choose 2k/4k ?

Thanks,
Rajesh