RE: Any way to look at data in archive log files?

From: James Bullard <jbullard_at_onvia.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 09:48:42 -0700

From: Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com [mailto:Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com] Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2000 7:08 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: Any way to look at data in archive log files?

Listers,

We've been having excessive redo logging of data on one of our databases that
is making archives hard to control.
The people who own the app can't figure out why so much information is being logged as they don't think the app
should be changing that much data. They would like to actually look at the data
in the archived redo logs.

My boss has asked me if there is a way/tool to look at the archive logs. I don't know of one off the top
of my head. Does anyone else know of a way?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cherie

  INET: Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com

also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing)..