RE: orapwd question

From: <ddorr.cs_at_clearstream.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 15:57:59 +0200

What's the problem with having your password files in the same dir ? I have up to 4 databases sharing the same ORACLE_HOME, thus having their password files in the same dbs directory.
They have different names anyway : orapw$ORACLE_SID. The password file must reside in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs : if you want to change this, you must have <> ORACLE_HOMEs for your DBs, and that's not what you want !