RE: ORA-00054

From: Thapliyal, Deepak <DThapliyal_at_ea.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 13:48:02 -0700

Claudia,

run this query .. the output will tell you who is locking and what type that statement is.. if that transaction which has locked this table is no longer useful, then kill that session. however, the rollback will still take place in case a lot of rows were affected and you will have to wait till oracle completes the cleanup

hth
deepAk

set linesize 200
set pagesize 40

col object_name format a25
col object_id format 999999 heading 'OBJ|ID'
col locked_mode format 999 heading 'OBJ|LCK'
col lmode format 999 heading 'SES|LCK'
col sid format 999
col status format a8
col Descrip format a10
col type format a4
col Blk heading 'BLK?'
select b.object_name,a.object_id,a.locked_mode,c.lmode,

decode(c.lmode,0,'None',1,'Null',2,'Row-S',3,'Row-X',4,'Share',5,'S/Row-X',6 ,'Exclusive') Descrip,

       d.sid,d.serial#,d.status, c.ctime,decode(c.block,0,'No',1,'Yes') Blk,c.type
  from v$locked_object a, dba_objects b, v$lock c, v$session d

 where a.object_id=b.object_id
   and c.sid=a.session_id
   and c.sid=d.sid

 order by b.object_name,c.lmode desc,c.ctime; set linesize 80
set pagesize 14

Author: Ruth Gramolini
  INET: rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us

Author: Rivera, Claudia