RE: SQL SERVER

From: Shawn Ferris <Shawn.Ferris_at_twtelecom.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 17:21:50 -0600

Well, I can't speak to SQL server directly.. However, I am supporting Oracle (primary) & Sybase (backup) and as you may know, SQL Server was derived from the code base of Sybase long time ago. If you know Oracle, learning Sybase is a piece of cake. I think it's a longer/harder learning curve in the other direction though.

I don't think I'd ever exclusively support Sybase.. Or SQL Server for that matter. (From what I can tell you have to restore an entire (possibly multiple) database for a single file loss.. DOH!)

$.02
Shawn M Ferris
Oracle DBA - Time Warner Telecom