RE: OEM 2.1 vs. BMC Patrol

From: Gait, Christopher <cgait_at_condor.nrl.navy.mil>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:22:17 -0400

Have you looked at Precise software? We're evaluating it right now for performance monitoring and improvement and what I've seen so far impresses me. The real beauty is that Precise works from outside Oracle. It sucks information on the SGA and pool directly out of Unix memory and thus has no user login, no querying V$ views, no real impact at all on the instance. The figures I've seen are that it uses less than 5% of one CPU on a server and allows you to query performance and build a SQL repository (tracking what was run and how it effected everything else running) with a HUGE refresh rate (up to 99 times a second).

Mike Ault recommends it, which was the first endorsement that got my attention.

Regards,
Chris Gait
Arlington, VA