Re: PROD without TEST

From: Gregory Conron <gconron_at_hfx.andara.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 17:49:36 -0300

> Hi All,
> This is more of a survey than a question, but how many of you DBAs out
> there who are administering production databases that don't have a test
> database to go with it?
> We are a new but rapidly changing shop and we have a bunch of small
> to medium size databases that are running without a test database. This
> makes DBA tasks like upgrade more difficult. I am having a hard time trying
> to get the management to allocate the resources for this. I wonder how other
> DBAs are doing to deal with situations like this.

We have an Information Warehouse database and a test environment. I'm not sure that 'test environment' even applies, as it is approximately 2% the size of production. Very hard to make extrapolations :)

Cheers,
GC
 --
There is something inherently wrong with the world when Bill Gates is a famous billionaire and Dennis Ritchie lives in relative obscurity. Received on Fri Jun 23 2000 - 15:49:36 CDT