Granting security thru OEM (or any other tool)

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:25:32 -0500

So, there I am, in OEM 2.1. I'm connected to my 8.0.5 instance as SYS and I just created a table in JUSER's schema. Now, I try and grant SELECT priv
(or any other priv) on that table, but I can't, of course, because of
Oracle's misdirected sense of security. HEY! I'M THE DBA, DAMMIT! LET ME DO MY JOB! <grumble grumble>

I had this grandiose idea of having a single SECURITY user that would have all security to all objects with grant capability, but it's just not working. And how is security supposed to work thru OEM, when I won't be able to connect as the owner of the object to be able to do the grant???

Anyone have a DECENT way of dealing with this limitation? Does 8i at least allow a DBA to deal with security? Or am I missing something obvious
(please tell me I am)?

Yours ventingly,

Rich Jesse                          System/Database Administrator
rjesse_at_qtiworld.com                 Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

This message has been scanned for viruses with Trend Micro's Interscan VirusWall. Received on Tue Jun 13 2000 - 10:25:32 CDT