Error(ORA-04030) while creating Intermedia index using

From: Prasada R Gunda <Prasada.Gunda1_at_hartfordlife.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 14:20:03 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to create an intermedia text index on 6 columns using concatenated datastore
and getting an error ORA-04030.

I am using the following command:
CREATE INDEX idx_IM_dbsiccd_bsnssnm ON db_sic_code(BUSINESS_NAME) INDEXTYPE IS CTXSYS.CONTEXT
parameters('datastore dnb_cdstore section group dnb_cdstore storage dnb_store memory 10M')
/

Table has 12 million rows and I was able to create intermedia text index on single column with out any errors.

When I specified 'memory 10M' in parameters option of 'create index', It is giving the following error.

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocate 1912 bytes (pga heap,frame segment)
ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocate 64 bytes (cursor work he,qersoStart : qb ctx)

ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.TEXTINDEXMETHODS", line 36
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocate 64 bytes (cursor work
he,qersoStart : qb ctx)
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRIDDL", line 597
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocate 64 bytes (cursor work
he,qersoStart : qb ctx)
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRIDISP", line 143
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-04030: out of process memory when

When I specified 'memory 2M' in parameters option of 'create index', I am getting the following error.

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine
ORA-20000: ConText error:
DRG-50857: oracle error in drekmap (lob write)
ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocate 50192 bytes (pga
heap,control file cache)
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 122
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.TEXTINDEXMETHODS", line 34
ORA-06512: at line 1

Please pass your suggestions to correct this problem. Also I would like to know if there are any known problems with ctx_cd package.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Received on Tue Jun 13 2000 - 13:20:03 CDT