Re: Creating an install script that determines what version of

From: Sherwin Anthony Sequeira <sherwin_at_sequeira.ezesurf.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 23:02:18 +0200

> What would be the best way to check/determine what Oracle database a user is
> running in order to determine what code streams need to be installed. For
> example would I log into sqlplus and do a select * from v$version or could I
> do something outside of sqlplus. I was hoping to do everything from a Unix
> script without envoking sqlplus to determine the version, does anyone have
> any ideas.

        Thank Him/Her that you are using Unix.

        Try
sherwin_at_sequeira[jade]:~
$ $ORACLE_HOME/orainst/inspdver

2.0.0.0.0            Oracle7 Workgroup Server for UNIX
7.3.2.2.0            ORACLE Common Libraries and Utilities
2.3.2.1.0            SQL*Net (V2)
2.3.2.1.0            TCP/IP Protocol Adapter (V2)
2.3.2.2.0            PL/SQL V2
2.3.2.0.0            Oracle Server Manager
7.3.2.2.0            ORACLE7 Server (RDBMS)
1.0.0.0.1            <Database Startup> Load Files
3.3.2.0.0            SQL*Plus
sherwin_at_sequeira[jade]:~

> Thanks!

        No probs.
> Derek
>
> PS Oh ya I almost forgot I am from Ottawa, Canada

        I am from the Warm Heart of Africa, but working in the cold head of Europe.

Regards. Received on Fri Jun 09 2000 - 16:02:18 CDT