Re: 8.1.6 client install

From: Kimberly Smith <KSMITH1_at_gmd.fujitsu.com>
Date: 07 Jun 2000 07:01:43 -0700

--=_ORCL_6429936_0r0

I have done a couple of 8.1.6 installs on NT workstations with no problems. What version are you running on and what patch level are you at? Also, are you putting the 8.1.6 install into its own Oracle Home? It cannot share with previous releases (well maybe 8.1.5 but I am not sure on that one).

Kimberly Smith
EDS/Fujitsu
Gresham, Oregon
Work: 503-669-6050
Email: kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com

        kimberly.smith_at_eds.com

--=_ORCL_6429936_0r0
content-type:message/rfc822

Date: 06 Jun 2000 08:55:27
From:"Gupta, Rakesh" <Rakesh_Gupta_at_mail.ci.baltimore.md.us> To:Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L> Subject:RE: 8.1.6 client install
Reply-to:UNIX.IOGMD:ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com Return-Path:root_at_fatcity.cts.com

Received:from gmd.fujitsu.com (ducks.gmd.fujitsu.com [198.6.119.2]) by hdoc02.gmd.fujitsu.com with SMTP (8.7.1/8.7.1) id TAA11951 for <ksmith1.ofcmail_at_hdbi01>; Tue, 6 Jun 2000 19:11:06 -0700 (PDT)
Received:from dfwl01.gmd.fujitsu.com by gmd.fujitsu.com (SMI-8.6/) id TAA14453; Tue, 6 Jun 2000 19:11:06 -0700
Received:from dfwl01.gmd.fujitsu.com (root_at_localhost) by dfwl01.gmd.fujitsu.com with ESMTP id TAA16815 for <ksmith1_at_gmd.fujitsu.com>; Tue, 6 Jun 2000 19:11:05 -0700 (PDT)
Received:from newsfeed.cts.com (newsfeed.cts.com [209.68.192.199]) by dfwl01.gmd.fujitsu.com with ESMTP id TAA16811 for <ksmith1_at_gmd.fujitsu.com>; Tue, 6 Jun 2000 19:11:04 -0700 (PDT)
Received:from fatcity.UUCP (uucp_at_localhost) by newsfeed.cts.com (8.9.3/8.9.3) with UUCP id IAA11235; Tue, 6 Jun 2000 08:49:27 -0700 (PDT)
Received:by fatcity.com (04-May-2000/v1.0f-b69/bab) via UUCP id 001728C5; Tue, 06 Jun 2000 07:55:27 -0800

I am facing the same problem. Oracle support advised me to clean the registry and delete all oracle related files but that did not help either. Please let me know if you find a solution.

Thanks
Rakesh

Author: Gupta, Rakesh
  INET: Rakesh_Gupta_at_mail.ci.baltimore.md.us

--=_ORCL_6429936_0r0--

 From: "Miller, Jay" <JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com>
 Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:03:51 -0400
 Subject: RE: Temp. segments/extents not being dropped

Hmm, SMON only wakes up to clean up temp segments every 5 minutes.  How long
after the SQL doing the sort was killed were you having the problems before
you did the ALTER TABLESPACE command?