RE: RE Startup on boot

From: Steve Orr <sorr_at_arzoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:42:23 -0700

YES! Generally, if a production machine is recycled it's either a scheduled event or a catastophe. In either case the DBA should be in the picture. Why spend time automating something that shouldn't happen that often? Especially if it could just create more problems? How hard is it to execute an "automated" start up script to bring up the database, listeners, apps, etc? With a little training and documentation of procedures, even sysadmins can do it!

Steve Orr

Author: Dave Morgan
  INET: dmorgan_at_bartertrust.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jun 07 2000 - 12:42:23 CDT