Using the Oracle Intermedia feature ( Problem while creating an Index )

From: Swajit Satam <swajit_at_mahindrabt.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 10:43:01 +0530

Hi All,

  1. ) I am having the following Table and I want to do a Intermedia search on it

SQL> desc multi_tab

 Name                                    Null?               Type
 -------------------------------  --------             ----
 IMG                                                             BINARY
FILE LOB
 A                                          NOT NULL     NUMBER

2. ) the data present in the table

SQL> select DBMS_LOB.GETLENGTH(IMG),a from multi_tab ;

DBMS_LOB.GETLENGTH(IMG)          A
-----------------------                                 ---------
                     10                                        2
                     18                                        3
                     14                                        1

3. ) For Search I executed the following Query

        SELECT SCORE(1) title from multi_tab
        WHERE CONTAINS(IMG, 'oracle', 1) > 0;

4. ) I get the following Error

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-20000: ConText error:
DRG-10599: column is not indexed

So I gave a Create Index Syntax
It gives a following error

create index testindex on multi_tab(IMG) indextype is ctxsys.context *
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine
ORA-20000: ConText error:
DRG-50704: Net8 listener is not running or cannot start external
procedures
ORA-28575: unable to open RPC connection to external procedure agent
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 122
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.TEXTINDEXMETHODS", line 34
ORA-06512: at line 1

I have Also Configuring Net8 for External Procedures by editing the LISTENER.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA accordingly but still it gives the same error

So Gurus what can be the possible Cause Received on Tue Jun 06 2000 - 00:13:01 CDT