RE: Tablespace Backup question

From: <Colin.Shaw_at_phs.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 17:18:40 -0700

Rachel:

Looks fine to me! The only thing I'd change is: "your process starts to copy the file and Oracle writes to it in the middle of the copy". Because it's the disk blocks you're worried about, not the file as a whole. There's no problem if your backup program and Oracle are *always* at different points in the file. I'd change it to "... starts to copy a portion of an Oracle block which Oracle writes ...."

Regards,

Colin.

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com