Re: Urgent --> Calling function from a select statement in which the

From: Igor Neyman <ineyman_at_perceptron.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 16:10:12 -0400

Derek,

Lookup 'PRAGMA' statement in PL/SQL Docs (unfortunately, I don't have documentation around to provide exact syntax). Use PRAGMA (with appropriate parameters), when you create your function. This will assure Oracle, that you are not going to do 'Updates', and it will allow to use this function in SQL.
You don't have to use 'PRAGMA', when running 8i, because Oracle, itself checks, that there is no Updates/Inserts/Deletes in your function, and if that's the case - it allows to use it in SQL statement.

Igor Neyman, DBA
Perceptron, Inc.