RE: still further off topic --> RE: Work vs marriage

From: Kristen Cameron <cameronkgd_at_inac.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 11:58:07 -0400

I'm one of the lucky ones, I guess. My job rarely requires=20 overtime. The only drawback is that I am the only DBA, in fact, the only Oracle staff of any kind. If I am sick or on=20 vacation and something goes wrong ... <shudder>.

My husband stays home with our kids (4 and 1.5). He has a small business that takes up a day or two a week as well. His responsibilities and hours are much more significant than mine, IMHO!

My problem is not balancing my job and my family life, it is balancing all the things I would like to do against spending more time with my kids. I keep reminding myself that they are only small for a short time.