RE: storage

From: Gopal , Umesh <ugopal_at_proxicom.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 09:05:34 -0400

Hi,
I am thinking of the following please correct me : On the internal pair i will install solaris I will create a mount point on the internal drives and mount a slice (20Gb) on /u01 and install oracle 8i binaries and oracle admin directories Users home directories would also be on the file system mounted on /u01

I will then use solstice disk suite to partion the 4 striped drives (total 144 Gb) into
36 4gb logical volumes (i.e 1 Gb each) for the datafiles, redo log files, archive log files
I will create mount points /u02 for the datafiles and /u03 for all other files

Please Help
Thanks