Re: Rollbacks online

From: <sean.hull_at_pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 14:39:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Jeff Wiegand wrote:

> ok. silly question. how do you make sure your rollbacks are online when the
> database comes up. I thought you specified this in init.ora, but that didn't
> work.

Jeff:

They should come up with the database if you have specified them in your init.ora like this:

rollback_segments = (r01,r02,r03,r04,r05)

Check v$parameter to make sure they're all there:

SQL> column name format a25
SQL> column value format a25
SQL> select name, value from v$parameter where name = 'rollback_segments';

NAME			  VALUE
rollback_segments	  r01, r02, r03, r04, r05

You *MAY* have edited the wrong init.ora parameter file.

HTH,
Sean

http://www.iheavy.com - Heavyweight Internet Consulting Received on Thu Jun 01 2000 - 13:39:50 CDT