Re[2]: off topic --> RE: Work vs marriage

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 14:51:11 -0400

Scott,

    How very true. But to Patrice question, the reason I said "the wife'= s
flowers" is because she paid for them. Hence in this case the context wa= s in
"who paid the bill". Had it been my bill it would have been "the flowers= ". On
that note, I prefer to refer to items my loving wife purchases with the f= unds
she earns as hers. For many a year she remained at home minding our chil= dren,
which was mutually agreed upon. Over that time she felt like a "leech" (= her
words, not mine) since I was the one earning a paycheck. Now that she ha= s a
paycheck of her own, I prefer to have her retain possession of the items = she
buys. Makes her feel good, which is mutually agreeable.

Subject: Re: off topic --> RE: Work vs marriage Author: "Scott Shafer" <scott.shafer_at_ildmail.com> Date: 6/1/00 9:56 AM

Depends on your social circumstance whether the term is respectful or not= =2E
In my wilder days, I often hung with a biker crowd. If you considered yo= ur
wife/girfriend your "Old Lady", it was a term of highest respect. "Old Ladies" where respected by everyone, male and female alike. So it depend= s
on your particular social semantics. Its hard to convey context over the=

email medium...

Scott Shafer
San Antonio, TX

> I have a simple question:
>
> Why do some of you refer to your spouses as "the wife"?! It makes it
sound
> like you don't feel any attachment to her at all.
>
> Also, why was it "the wife's flowers"? Don't you live in that house to=
o?

> Just curious, sometimes I wonder why people get married in the first
place.
> Peer pressure maybe? Maybe some men and women get married because they=

want

Author: Scott Shafer
  INET: scott.shafer_at_ildmail.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may Received on Thu Jun 01 2000 - 13:51:11 CDT