Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » check if text in a text item has changed
check if text in a text item has changed [message #132220] Thu, 11 August 2005 07:27 Go to next message
reachme_r
Sir,
how do i check if the text in the item has changed. i.e. suppose i am typing in this editor, the moment i type a character is there some trigger that will fire on the addition of a new character. this trigger should fire each time when i type a character in the editor/text-item, similar to when-text-changed trigger in VB.

thanks
vinod
Re: check if text in a text item has changed [message #132311 is a reply to message #132220] Thu, 11 August 2005 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Not using standard Oracle, but you can use Java extensions that will suck the life out of your PC to do it if you really have to.

David
Re: check if text in a text item has changed [message #141323 is a reply to message #132220] Sat, 08 October 2005 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sgupta_79@Yahoo.com
Hey Vinod,
Could you get this problem solved ?

I am also facing similar kind of problem. There is a control item in a data lock that should behave like a database item to the end user.
As soon as we try to edit a data item, the save button gets enabled....as it detects changes that need to be posted. Similarly,I want to capture the editing of the control item also.

So..I guess again the question is which trigger fires when we type into a text item?

Shikha.
Re: check if text in a text item has changed [message #141396 is a reply to message #141323] Mon, 10 October 2005 00:55 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Do you REALLY need to test the field character by character? If you can wait until the user has finished keying and then tries to leace the field, you can use the standard When-Validate-Item trigger and turn the save button on by manually setting the record status to 'changed'.

David

[Updated on: Mon, 10 October 2005 00:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: radio button problem
Next Topic: typing into a text item & typing/changing into a text item (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:24:43 CDT 2024