Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Alert Window Sizing in 3-tier environment
Alert Window Sizing in 3-tier environment [message #131275] Fri, 05 August 2005 01:42 Go to next message
reachme_r
I have a problem with the "Alert" window in forms-6i. The end user is not allowed to resize the "Alert" window in forms-6i 2-tier.
But my forms are running in the 3-tier environment and in that environment the end-user is able to resize the "Alert" window. Is there any way to disable this ?
Re: Alert Window Sizing in 3-tier environment [message #131290 is a reply to message #131275] Fri, 05 August 2005 02:45 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I don't think so. I had a quick look at the doco and there are no attribute that can be set via code. Open up a form in 9i and look at the properties associated with a window and an alert. You will see on the window you can set or block a number of window attributes. Check the properties of an alert and see if they exist.

If you really want to lock things down, then change all your alerts to custom windows.

But what is the problem? You say "end user is not allowed to resize the "Alert" window in forms-6i 2-tier". I feel it is more that they have no capability to resize the window versus being 'allowed'. But what is the problem if they do change the size of the alert? It is the amount of text that makes an alert bigger or smaller. And they have to answer sometime, so its not like they can leave it floating on the screen while they do other work.

Doen't sweat it, just tell them that its an enhancement.

David
Previous Topic: use of UTL_HTTP and XMLTYPE in PLL ?
Next Topic: increment the nombor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 12:05:25 CDT 2024