Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Calling Oracle reports
Calling Oracle reports [message #131241] Thu, 04 August 2005 22:57 Go to next message
m_ashtiani
Hi,
I am new to 10g developer,

Migrating from 6i to 10g.
installed developer suite 10g and configured oc4j for the developer.
got the forms running under browser however reports are problem.

Problem 1:
i used an existing 6i report and re-compiled it. (no migration program under reports). I noticed that it has very little code under web-view, when i run it, report blanks out and sort of hange for a while. at the end it does not run.

created a new report from scratch and managed to run it from reports-developer. it gave me a paperview

Problem2:
Calling a report from form failes. i used report object set to cache, runtime/batch and html output. basically run_report_object returns null after hanging for a while. I called both the RDF and jsp report files. note that i tested report serverlet and it works fine (http:// .../reports/...)

Registery is report_path is setup to my working directory and did not configure anything else for report

i may have miss spelled keywords here as i am not actually looking at the parameters. anyhow I am stuck, help is appreciated
Re: Calling Oracle reports [message #131245 is a reply to message #131241] Thu, 04 August 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Use web.show_document instead of run_report_object. Then if the report server is not running, it will be started for you. Run_report_object only works if the report server is already running.

Search this format for 'show_document' there should be some examples. For example, http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/128476/67467/?srch=show_document#msg_128476

David
Re: Calling Oracle reports [message #131270 is a reply to message #131241] Fri, 05 August 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
m_ashtiani
Thank you for your help it is now running with your code,
however i would add these

i've installed oc4j on the same computer as developer. my computer name is mars. to get the name of the server i type

http://mars:8889/reports/rwservlet/getserverinfo

in my case it is called rep_mars, not the usuall repser. note that somewhere in your code repser is hardcoded. i also removed encode function (not have it!).

so this part works,

should a 6i report just covert automatically to 10g or there is a step i am missing

thanks alot
Re: Calling Oracle reports [message #131272 is a reply to message #131270] Fri, 05 August 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
To convert a 6i report to 10g, open the 'rep' file in the Report Builder and then Save it. I don't recommend using the 'rdf' version of reports.

David
Re: Calling Oracle reports [message #131322 is a reply to message #131272] Fri, 05 August 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
djmartin wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 08:32

To convert a 6i report to 10g, open the 'rep' file in the Report Builder and then Save it.
I don't have 10g around but I think you need the RDF, save it and compile it. My reports builder refuses to open
"Run-only" REP files (REP-0607).

MHE
Re: Calling Oracle reports [message #131382 is a reply to message #131322] Fri, 05 August 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
Maaher wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 07:19

djmartin wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 08:32

To convert a 6i report to 10g, open the 'rep' file in the Report Builder and then Save it.
I don't have 10g around but I think you need the RDF, save it and compile it. My reports builder refuses to open
"Run-only" REP files (REP-0607).

MHE

Or rather, open, compile, save as. I have noticed that if you move reports around, sometimes you get the error Report contains uncompiled PL/SQL. This is directly correlated to the location of the .REP file, as per my understanding.
Re: Calling Oracle reports [message #131495 is a reply to message #131382] Sun, 07 August 2005 18:42 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Quote:

To convert a 6i report to 10g, open the 'rep' file in the Report Builder and then Save it. I don't recommend using the 'rdf' version of reports.

David
My sincere apologies this is the wrong way around ... I must have been having a mega-senior moment.

"Open the 'rdf' file in the Report Builder, compile it to convert the PL/SQL, and then Save it. I don't recommend using the 'rep' version of reports."

Again, my apologies.

David

[Updated on: Sun, 07 August 2005 18:42]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: access other_params within forms
Next Topic: how to execute sql script from forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 12:05:43 CDT 2024