Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Collaboration & Content Management » Newbie Help
Newbie Help [message #14071] Mon, 09 August 2004 04:34 Go to next message
Joshua Simon
Being fairly new to oracle, I have a general question regarding Oracle Collaboration Suite.  I have a 3 tier web application hosted within MS IIS which utilizes an Oracle 9i backend, the application interface was developed utilizing MS asp.net/vb.net/C#. This application features custom developed document storage and retrieval capabilities e.g., searching for document descriptions stored in Oracle database, filenames, and text in Adobe pdfs(version 5).  I've been tasked with incorporating this web application into an Oracle Collaboration Suite environment.  My research thus far indicates that OCS is primarily a business communications suite of products focusing on email/voice mail, etc.; although information consolidation and sharing is a piece of it.  I will need to perform searches from my web application for enterprise documents contained/stored within the OCS environment.  There seems to be limited information available regarding whether OCS 'plays nicely' and/or communicates with web apps programmed in the Microsoft .net infrastructure.  I believe I even saw somewhere that unix/apache is the preferred os/web server configuration for OCS.  Any information regarding this interoperability between Oracle OCS and Microsoft .net would be greatly appreciated.

Please do not post this message again [message #14075 is a reply to message #14071] Mon, 09 August 2004 08:27 Go to previous message
Todd Barry
You have crossposted this message and posted it multiple times in this forum.
Previous Topic: Need Help
Next Topic: iFS 9.0.2 installation error: can't load library areasQueries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:36:10 CDT 2024