Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » tab navigation fails
tab navigation fails [message #128639] Tue, 19 July 2005 23:55 Go to next message
MEEENAR
while entering in the form the TAB navigation works for entering the data in the form.

The TAB navigation fails after I clear a form. The cursor does not move from one item to another. Navigation using the mouse is possible.

please reply me very urgent
Re: tab navigation fails [message #128643 is a reply to message #128639] Wed, 20 July 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What do you mean 'clear the form'? Do you go into 'enter query' mode? If so, have you written navigation triggers that are set to NOT fire in 'enter query' mode?

David
Re: tab navigation fails [message #128711 is a reply to message #128643] Wed, 20 July 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
NO REPORTING TO GET ATTENTION! Read the sticky in the Newbie forum

Reported by MEEENAR

when i go into the enter query mode the tab is not working... after that tab is not that all working while i am inserting a new record also by pressing the new button which is used to create a record... can u please explain me in detail about Navigati

[EDIT: you probably clicked the wrong link when wanting to reply]

MHE

[Updated on: Wed, 20 July 2005 04:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: tab navigation fails [message #128721 is a reply to message #128643] Wed, 20 July 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MEEENAR

when i go into the enter query mode the tab is not working... after that tab is not that all working while i am inserting a new record also by pressing the new button which is used to create a record... can u please explain me in detail about Navigation triggers
Re: tab navigation fails [message #128838 is a reply to message #128721] Wed, 20 July 2005 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Do you have any triggers on each of your items?

If yes, what triggers? What do you have inside them?

David
Re: tab navigation fails [message #128857 is a reply to message #128639] Wed, 20 July 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MEEENAR
I have got buttons like
1) clear form
20 enter query
3) execute query
4) save

I have got text boxes which are enabled during the new mode
and a set of text attached with LOV are disabled.

while entering a query those text buttons will be disabled but a set of text attached with LOV will be enabled.

by default my form will be in new mode that is u can enter data into the text and you have to press save button to save that record.
at that time the tab key is working it is moving from one field to another .

once I press the enter_query button the tab is not working it is not even moving from that set of text boxes attached with LOV which are enabled.

after that If i press clear form it will come to new mode
at that time the tab is not at all working

I have not attached any triggers to any of the text items

In the form level I have got triggers like

keyenterqry
keyexeqry
keycommit
keyclearform
keyexit

In the keyenterquery trigger I have disabled the text boxes and enabled text boxes which have LOV attached

In clear form trigger I have enabled the text boxes and disabled text boxes which have LOV attached

Re: tab navigation fails [message #128862 is a reply to message #128857] Thu, 21 July 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Read the documentation for enabling and disabling items. When you disable an item the update property is also turned off. Therefore, when you turn enabled 'on', you also have to turn updateable 'on' in the next command. Try this first and see how you go.

Secondly, instead of turning your items 'on' and 'off' in your trigger, try setting 'query only' to 'yes' in your property palette for your LOV items, and 'query allowed' to 'no' for those through which you are doing data entry.

David
Re: tab navigation fails [message #129629 is a reply to message #128862] Tue, 26 July 2005 01:14 Go to previous message
MEEENAR
Thaks a lot it is working now.
Previous Topic: I want marquee the label in forms
Next Topic: opening html file made in sql plus from oracle forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 12:06:52 CDT 2024