Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » ..Tool bar .. anyone.. .
..Tool bar .. anyone.. . [message #121031] Wed, 25 May 2005 08:16 Go to next message
orcl_dba
Hi may i know how to create ur own toolbar in forms 6i...

Tool bar with different icons like.. save, icon, few arrow icons..
i know how to creat menu baar but i m not finding anything regarding the tool bar ..

any replies urgent plz

highly thnkful to all of you ..

Best Regards..
Re: ..Tool bar .. anyone.. . [message #121037 is a reply to message #121031] Wed, 25 May 2005 08:44 Go to previous message
Gurusubramanyam
Hi,

You have to use the Toolbar Canvas.Please find the below text from the Forms6i helpfile.

-G.S

About toolbar canvases

You can create toolbar canvases, both horizontal and vertical, for any window in a form. Form Builder displays horizontal toolbar canvases across the top of a window, and vertical toolbar canvases on the left edge of a window. (The Form Builder has several toolbars: for example, the Object Navigator window has both horizontal and vertical toolbars; the Property Palette has a horizontal toolbar only.)
When you create a toolbar canvas, you assign it to a window by setting the canvas Window property, and then register it with the window by setting the window's Vertical Toolbar Canvas or Horizontal Toolbar Canvas properties as appropriate.

You can change the appearance of a toolbar at runtime by dynamically showing and hiding different items on the toolbar. You also can create more than one toolbar for the same window, and display them in response to navigation events and programmatic control, much like stacked canvases assigned to the same window.
MDI Window Toolbar Canvas On Microsoft Windows, you can create toolbars for the MDI application window as well as for any document windows in the form. The MDI application window is created and managed by the window manager, and does not appear in the list of window objects in a form module.

Note: In multiple-form applications, each form can potentially have its own MDI toolbar. As the end user navigates among forms, the MDI window is updated to display the MDI toolbar defined in the current form. If an MDI toolbar is not defined in the current form, the MDI window is displayed without a toolbar whenever that form has focus.

Steps To create a toolbar canvas:

1 In the Object Navigator, click the Canvases node, and Click the Create button in the toolbar.

2 Choose ToolsProperty Palette.

3 In the Property Palette, under the General and Physical nodes, set properties as follows:
Canvas Type—Horizontal Toolbar or Vertical Toolbar.
Window—the name of the window in which you will display the toolbar canvas.
Width/Height—the dimensions of the toolbar canvas. A toolbar canvas generally is as wide (or tall) as the window to which it is assigned, and as deep (or wide) enough to display a single row (or column) of items. (Note that Form Builder accepts any dimensions you specify, even if the resulting toolbar completely obscures the window's content canvas.)

4 In the Object Navigator, under the Windows node, click the window to which you assigned the toolbar canvas in Step 3.

5 Double-click the window's object icon to display the Property Palette.

6 In the Property Palette, under the Functional node, set the Horizontal Toolbar Canvas and/or Vertical Toolbar Canvas properties to the name of the toolbar you created in Step 1.

7 Add items and boilerplate graphics to the toolbar canvas as you would for any other canvas.
Note: Use of navigable and mouse-navigable items in a toolbar canvas is not supported.
Previous Topic: attaching pll librarys at run time
Next Topic: how to generate reports through forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 21:16:27 CDT 2024