Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » ..Help..for forms.. urgent plz..........
..Help..for forms.. urgent plz.......... [message #121008] Wed, 25 May 2005 07:01 Go to next message
orcl_dba
Hi .. i would like to disturb the experts sorry for that .. but i need to implement a solution and i ve tried few things didnt worked.

i want to create a form for a table that contains empno, empname, city, salary..

The form will be used for viewing the data...

Now if user supplies the empno .. its easy picking get a single row and display the values in the appropriate text boxes...

but what if user wants to search for a record in the database for a particular city.. now these may b 20 or 30 rows...

one way is to show it in a grid...

but can we do it like its been done in VB and MSACCESS

where using ADODC.move next .. will show the next record in the appropriate data text boxes on the form..

actually simply i want to display all the rows in the respected text boxes one by one..

suppose user searched and its search yields 20 rows...

Now can we do it like that these 20rows can be seen by pressing NEXT button to view next record and no need to use a grid.. just

by using the text boxes in which only one row at a time is seen..

hope i m able to clarify my problem...

hope..

Best regards and thnx to all of you ..

Need some urgent reply ..
and plz elaborate a bit so that it will be easier to implement .. as time is a bit short..

thnx alot again...
Re: ..Help..for forms.. urgent plz.......... [message #121015 is a reply to message #121008] Wed, 25 May 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
weekend79

Dear orcl_dba

It’s simple if you are using default menu:-

Go to Menu > Query > Enter

Then pass the value for city.

Go to Menu > Query > Execute.

For Next Records (Go to Menu > Records > Next)

Same functionality available in default toolbars as well.

Prefer to use a separate form for query as using same form for insert or query wont work well as vols and field with required property yes will give tough time in this regard.

Moreover using forms for queries is not the right way, prefer reports for that.

Wishes
Jawad
Re: ..Help..for forms.. urgent plz.......... [message #121045 is a reply to message #121008] Wed, 25 May 2005 09:21 Go to previous message
Steve Corey
Also, this is standard functionality for the Oracle Application environment (WebForms)

Steve
Previous Topic: Point of Sale & Barcode
Next Topic: Formula Column and Placeholder column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 21:24:20 CDT 2024