Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » oracle forms and reports  () 1 Vote
oracle forms and reports [message #120951] Wed, 25 May 2005 00:27 Go to next message
koushik
hi
i have create form using form builder in this i have placed three list items.1st one is for displaying the database users and 2nd one for dispalying all the tables for a particular user,and finally 3 list item is for displaying the columns for a particular selected table,at last there is one submit button is there,if we press this button means according to the selected data from the form automatically report should generate.for this submit button i want the solution,if any one is expert in this form builder means send me solution as soon as possible,i am attaching the form with this message.

thanks
koushik
  • Attachment: koushik.fmb
    (Size: 52.00KB, Downloaded 1237 times)
Re: oracle forms and reports [message #120986 is a reply to message #120951] Wed, 25 May 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hsinghalmrt
Hi ,
What kind of report u want to generate .

please Clear.
Re: oracle forms and reports [message #121114 is a reply to message #120986] Thu, 26 May 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koushik
hi
versions of forms & reports are 6i on windows-xp.report should be any style according to the data which is selected in the form.i am sending the form,in this there r 3 list items are there 1)users. i.e all the database users will be displayed in the list item(code is in the when new form instance)2)tables. in this all the tables r displayed according to the selection of a particular user.(when new block instance trigger).3)columns. in this all the columns will be displayed according to the tablename which is selected from the previous tables list item box. like this all the required data has been selected from the 3 list items, now i want the report to be generated according to the selected data in the form while clicking the report button in the form. simultaneously for all tables and which ever required columns should generate a report when i press report button,this is the actual senarieo.for this submit button i want the code, remaining all the code is in the form,please see the form and check it out and send me the modified form to me.
report should be like this if we press report button in the form
user koushik
table emp columns empno enmame
7369 smith

from
koushik
icon6.gif  URGENT oracle forms and reports [message #121278 is a reply to message #121114] Fri, 27 May 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koushik
koushik wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 13:28

hi
versions of forms & reports are 6i on windows-xp.report should be any style according to the data which is selected in the form.i am sending the form,in this there r 3 list items are there 1)users. i.e all the database users will be displayed in the list item(code is in the when new form instance)2)tables. in this all the tables r displayed according to the selection of a particular user.(when new block instance trigger).3)columns. in this all the columns will be displayed according to the tablename which is selected from the previous tables list item box. like this all the required data has been selected from the 3 list items, now i want the report to be generated according to the selected data in the form while clicking the report button in the form. simultaneously for all tables and which ever required columns should generate a report when i press report button,this is the actual senarieo.for this submit button i want the code, remaining all the code is in the form,please see the form and check it out and send me the modified form to me.
report should be like this if we press report button in the form
user koushik
table emp columns empno enmame
7369 smith

from
koushik

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Re: URGENT oracle forms and reports [message #121768 is a reply to message #121278] Tue, 31 May 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
We have given an answer for this type of problem previously, but I can't find it.

Build your query using dynamic SQL, retrieve the data into characters fields of your control block. You will have to populate each row individually. Limit you user to ten fields.

David
Re: URGENT oracle forms and reports [message #121796 is a reply to message #121768] Wed, 01 June 2005 01:47 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Okay, I have found the previous thread. Look at http://www.orafaq.com/forum/mv/msg/45001/117571/67467/#msg_117571. This suggests basing the two LOV/field pairs on ALL_TABLES.

Then base a multi-row block on ALL_TAB_COLUMNS and use the details from the first two fields to set the 'default_where' for the block and then execute_query. Add a check-box to the record and let the user select which field they want in the next display.

Start simple and work from there.

Also have a look at http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/118075/67467/?srch=person+days#msg_118075.

David

[Updated on: Thu, 02 June 2005 01:14]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Forms 6i: Demo survey form with multiple selection(1-5)
Next Topic: Converting all the feilds into Caps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 21:32:22 CDT 2024