Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problem in Translating Spplication from English to Korian.
icon8.gif  Problem in Translating Spplication from English to Korian. [message #118602] Fri, 06 May 2005 06:50 Go to next message
rakbobby

We are running Oracle 7.3.4.5.0 and developer 4.5(CUI) in english under Unix OS.

I need to translate the whole application(Database and Front end) In Korian language.
The scope of translation is
-- Database and the existing data.
-- All Forms( all text, boiler plate, label, and tha data)
-- All Reports

Some Forms are running in GUI(windows) and some are are runninmg in CUI (UNIX)

we used oracle translater builder to convert all GUI forms.
can we use translation builder to translate CUI forms?. what will the unix setting we have to do to run forms in korian language?

Thanks

Re: Problem in Translating Spplication from English to Korian. [message #118791 is a reply to message #118602] Sun, 08 May 2005 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Do you mean Korean? David
Re: Problem in Translating Spplication from English to Korean. [message #120881 is a reply to message #118791] Tue, 24 May 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rakbobby

Yes David

I mean Korean, Sorry for wrong spelling

Do You have any idea about this..

Rakesh
Re: Problem in Translating Spplication from English to Korean. [message #121215 is a reply to message #120881] Thu, 26 May 2005 23:07 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have a look at the NLS_LANGUAGE features. Use them to define your database and application to be using the Korean character set. I assume that you have a Korean keyboard. I don't know of any tools that will automatically translate Englist to Korean (and back again) but you can do a search on the web and you may find a Java tool that may do it.

To change your 'prompts' and other text on your screens you will have to type then again. Alternatviely, if you have both English and Korean users then you can change the prompts based on the language in which they wish to work. But rememner to set the NLS_LANGUAGE setting in the When-New-Form-Instance of the form.

David
Previous Topic: Create record
Next Topic: ABOUT FUNCTION KEY F7 AND F8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 21:21:04 CDT 2024