Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » running a loop in form is so slow
running a loop in form is so slow [message #87849] Wed, 16 February 2005 21:45 Go to next message
vimal
hello friends

I am having a problem

In one select statement 800 records are coming i want to run in loop
select statement is too fast but from that statement to populate in block is slow

for i in (select nnnn from hhss)
loop

next_record ;

end loop ;

this is making my task too slow can you suggest me some good suggestion

so that it will make my form fast otherwise user has to wait for the result for 2 minutes

Even post query is slow so suggest me some good solution

thanks vimal
Re: running a loop in form is so slow [message #87855 is a reply to message #87849] Thu, 17 February 2005 07:39 Go to previous message
ÇÊ
Would it be possible to adjust the number of records you're going to fetch (for example 10 - 20) and display those. As the user scrolls, you could then fetch the next "batch" of records.

800 records is an awful lot of data to be querying in a form...especially if this is client/server and if you're on a slow network and/or the client is a long distance (ex: in another office). This is especially true if you're trying to do some kind of calculation on each and every record.

I would do as I mentioned and then embed this calculation in my select statement if I could or use a global temporary table and do my calculation at the database and select from there. It'd be much much faster.
Previous Topic: Using ORA_FFI Package in 10g
Next Topic: can we invoke excell though a DB procedure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 16:37:27 CDT 2024