Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » connect oracle database through developer2000
connect oracle database through developer2000 [message #87608] Thu, 20 January 2005 23:12 Go to next message
P.BHUVANESWARI
I have installed oracle 8i enterprise edition 8.1.5 in two different drives and developer 2000 in third drive in windows advanced server 2000 O/S. I am able to connect database through start->Programs->OraHome8i->Application development->sql*plus->username & password. But through developer2000->forms builder->I am not able to connect to oracle8i. I get error message as ORA 12154 TNS: COULD NOT RESOLVE SERVICE NAME. Kindly help me how to solve this.
Re: connect oracle database through developer2000 [message #87615 is a reply to message #87608] Fri, 21 January 2005 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me
hi

goto
start->Programs->oracle for windowsNT ->sqlnet easy configuration.

and go with add database alias

ad follow the steps

now at the ime of login to dev.2k give name of database alise in database text box

or scott/tiger@database_alise

regards
me,myself and d2k
Re: connect oracle database through developer2000 [message #87619 is a reply to message #87615] Sat, 22 January 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
P.BHUVANESWARI
Hi,
Thank you so much for your immediate response to my query. But to my utter disgust, I am not able to launch sqlnet easy configuration. In this case, I don't know what to do. Can you please explain any alternatives in full detail? I am able to create tables and everything in oracle 8i. I am terribly confused. Awaiting your timely help.
Re: connect oracle database through developer2000 [message #87624 is a reply to message #87619] Sun, 23 January 2005 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me
hi

i ve mentioned path in my last mail

start->Programs->oracle for windowsNT ->sqlnet easy configuration.

if u still not able to find it that means u have not installed it properly .

go to oracle installer and install product sql*net client

hope this will help u
Me,MySelf and d2k..
Re: connect oracle database through developer2000 [message #87662 is a reply to message #87619] Sat, 29 January 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sheetal
I want more information about Developer 2000.
So please reply as soon as possible
Re: connect oracle database through developer2000 [message #127417 is a reply to message #87608] Mon, 11 July 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
P.BHUVANESWARI

Hello!
My present problem is:- I have 9i database release 2 enterprise edition installed in one drive with 2 databases namely orcl and oms. I have installed developer 2000 in another drive. When I tried to connect 9i databases-orcl and oms through developer, I got the error message "ORA-12154-TNS COULD NOT RESOLVE SERVICE NAME. As per your advice, I added database aliases in sql net easy configuration, namely orcl & oms. But again another error message appears "ORA-12705-INVALID OR UNKNOWN NLS PARAMETER VALUE SPECIFIED". In dev2k, there is sqlplus 3.3. I don't know what to do with this. Kindly help me to resolve this problems. I have these installed in windows xp professionl edition.
Re: connect oracle database through developer2000 [message #127495 is a reply to message #127417] Mon, 11 July 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have a look at this thread http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/126282/67467/?srch=ifile#msg_126282.

Using sql*plus look at the contents of the views that start with 'nls' eg NLS_DATABASE_PARAMETERS, NLS_INSTANCE_PARAMETERS, and NLS_SESSION_PARAMETERS. I think you may have different nls_parameters in your developer environment and your database environment.

Did you manually change the contents of any file during the installation processes? You may have a 'typo' in one of the nls parameters. Check the Oracle home in your 'register' and see if any NLS 'thingy' in there is misspelled.

David
Re: connect oracle database through developer2000 [message #127648 is a reply to message #127495] Tue, 12 July 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
P.BHUVANESWARI
I am able to connect 9i databases-orcl and oms without any problem through sqlplus. But I am not able to do anything with sqlplus 3.3 from dev2k. It asks for userid and passwords. When I gave scott/tiger, system/manager or userids/passwords which I give for connecting 9i databases, the same error "ORA-12705-INVALID OR UNKNOWN NLS PARAMETER VALUE SPECIFIED" appears "Using sql*plus look at the contents of the views that start with 'nls' eg NLS_DATABASE_PARAMETERS, NLS_INSTANCE_PARAMETERS, and NLS_SESSION_PARAMETERS. I think you may have different nls_parameters in your developer environment and your database environment." This portion I am not able to understand at all. I have enclosed a copy of tnsnames.ora (which I renamed this as tnsnames-PB). Original remains intact. At the time of dev2k installation, no message box appeared. So there was no necessity to do any thing. Kindly help me the steps involved in detail. Thank you.

Re: connect oracle database through developer2000 [message #127686 is a reply to message #127648] Tue, 12 July 2005 18:30 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
This is probably NOT a 'tnsnames' issue.

Please look at the registry on your PC in the various oracle homes and verify the NLS parameters for spelling errors.

You didn't install them both in the same Oracle home did you?

David

[update]
     (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SID = PLSExtProc)
      (PRESENTATION = RO)
    )
Is there a limit to the number of characters in the SID?

[Updated on: Tue, 12 July 2005 18:34]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Version
Next Topic: APPLICATION-Progress Indicator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 11:07:53 CDT 2024