Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » cancel press.
cancel press. [message #87498] Fri, 07 January 2005 23:44 Go to next message
aditya
hi all,

I have a text items named txt_Name, txt_Salary and there are two buttons one save and other cancel. when i dont enter the Name then in the post text item of name i said to enter the name and control back to the name so when i press cancel also same thing happening that is gives a message that Name cannot be empty and doesn't cancels(i.e., Closes the form) the form how to do that..
thanks for the help..

aditya..
Re: cancel press. [message #87499 is a reply to message #87498] Sat, 08 January 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashish
CREATE USER NAMED TRIGGER (FIRST TRRIGER IN TRIGGER BOX)

EXECUTE THAT IN POST_TEXT AND WHEN_BUTTON_PRESS TRGGER

TO EXECUTE USER DEFIND TRRGER USE THIS BUILIN

EXECUTE_TRIGGER('TRGGIER NAME');

ASHish...
Re: cancel press. [message #87503 is a reply to message #87499] Sun, 09 January 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aditya
hi ash,
when i call that trigger from the post-text-item
it doesn't work since i am using the go-item in that trigger. if at all i want to come out of the text item this post-text-item definetly raised and the trigger is get executed and give a message that you have to enter name and it remains in the text box it self and this is because of the post-text-item.
thanks for the help...

aditya
Re: cancel press. [message #87506 is a reply to message #87503] Sun, 09 January 2005 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashish
hi

i think u are looking for validations. coz i've face same problem last week only i got this solution...

use FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE bultin ;

tip := use this on your save button coz even if user wants to exit from the form this will keep on giving error messaes which i think is not propper

e.g code
if :name is null then
message(' enater proper name ');
raise FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE ;
end if;
Re: cancel press. [message #87647 is a reply to message #87506] Wed, 26 January 2005 23:42 Go to previous message
sanjiban
Hi,
in ur button, set mouse navigate property to "No".
it will work
Previous Topic: run time dynamic display
Next Topic: How to refresh list item dynamically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 13:03:49 CDT 2024