Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » run_product ( running report from oracle developer form builder)
run_product ( running report from oracle developer form builder) [message #87458] Thu, 06 January 2005 00:03 Go to next message
r.g.godbole
I want to run report from form which i already created before. i want that report object id while form
processing i tried in following way but giving error
FRM-41219 cannot find report:invalid id.

code as below
repid := find_report_object('c:devformsparatest.rdf');
v_rep := RUN_REPORT_OBJECT(repid);
How to pass report_name in find_report_object function
whether path is required or only report name.
Re: run_product ( running report from oracle developer form builder) [message #87461 is a reply to message #87458] Thu, 06 January 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi R.G.,
First of all tell me did you create a report object in your form builder under the node "Reports"?

If no then first create a report object & its name in the builder should be as the name of your report & modify it as follows:

Filname=Your report name
Execution mode=runtime
Comm mode= Synchronous
Report Destination type =cache
Report dest format=pdf
Report server name = null if you inted to use it on client server.For web give the name of report server.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: run_product ( running report from oracle developer form builder) [message #87875 is a reply to message #87461] Fri, 18 February 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
siva
Hi,
I am using forms3.5 and I am using run_product to execute reports,my question is i want to change the format to PDF. How to give that argument in run_product?
Re: run_product ( running report from oracle developer form builder) [message #108963 is a reply to message #87875] Mon, 21 February 2005 00:35 Go to previous message
kiran
Hi Siva,

You have to copy the output of a report to a pdf file by using copy_report_object_output function and then by using host function you can open that pdf file.

--Kiran.
Previous Topic: How to make Password text box
Next Topic: forms6i call word.application but use openoffice
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 16:32:43 CDT 2024