Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problem - "Delete_Record"
Problem - "Delete_Record" [message #87223] Tue, 14 December 2004 10:49 Go to next message
Yasir Khan
HI all,

I have some multi-record blocks. I want to delete specific records that don't fullfill certain condition. Like their is a option "Remove" under "Record" in Default Forms Menu of Oracle Forms 6i.

i want to remove (delete) record just like that) and also i want to implement this check on "Block Level"

I have used many kinds of triggers: PRE-INSERT, PRE-UPDATE, WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD, KEY-COMMIT etc. and in them i wrote:

if <condition> then

delete_record;

end if;

but this is not working. it doesn't removes the record.

Urgent help needed ...

regards,

yasir
Re: Problem - "Delete_Record" [message #87227 is a reply to message #87223] Tue, 14 December 2004 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Riaz
I wonder why do u want to delete those unncessary records only in FORM
 Y do u not use straight sql for that.
 Any how u can use table constraints for the purpose
 OR if u want to check validiy of an item in FORMS6i u can happily use when-validate-item 
trigger at ITEM LEVEL. 

Hope this works....or give more details of your actual problem..and come back here

Riaz

Re: Problem - "Delete_Record" [message #87257 is a reply to message #87223] Wed, 15 December 2004 13:18 Go to previous message
Just John
Although Riaz has a good point...

If you are trying to delete Records when they are queried from the database - you are looking at the wrong triggers...

Try - WHEN_NEW_RECORD_INSTANCE and POST_QUERY
Previous Topic: How can I connect iSQLPLUS from client machine
Next Topic: Check Box! URGENT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 03:49:35 CDT 2024