Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to create Setup.exe in Oracle
How to create Setup.exe in Oracle [message #87189] Mon, 13 December 2004 19:15 Go to next message
Wassay
i am presently developing project in Oracle 8i. Forms and reports are being developed in 6i. I have to instal my project directly from CD to the client PC. we are using application server 9i. i want that all the forms and reports alongwith procedures/packages must get installed through one button. User should install all the above with pressing one button like window software. Foer which my requirement is How to create an Executable file which can install all these in a proper directory. Please send the solutions at the earliest as presently we are doing it manually.
Re: How to create Setup.exe in Oracle [message #87193 is a reply to message #87189] Mon, 13 December 2004 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Riaz
Create a notepade script file. use IMP to import dump file to specific user,
 copy all the required folders....etc....

eg 

xcopy d:rental*.* c:rental /s

plus80 system/manager @c:rentalinstlroles.sql

imp80 rental/rental fromuser=rental touser=rental file=c:rentaldumpdump_28.dmp grants=y ignore=y

copy C:rentalSHOTCUTrental.lnk C:windowsdesktoprental.lnk

Hope this works

Re: How to create Setup.exe in Oracle [message #87216 is a reply to message #87189] Tue, 14 December 2004 07:33 Go to previous message
Matloob Ali
Is there any utility available to make a setup file bec i m using developer 2000
Previous Topic: Use display_item to set visual attribute back to default
Next Topic: Urgent - Upgraded Form doesn't works well with values saved by previous version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 03:41:12 CDT 2024