Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » problems with webutil.alternative solution?
problems with webutil.alternative solution? [message #86837] Tue, 09 November 2004 02:30 Go to next message
Charlie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we are currently using webutil to merge data from Oracle into a Word Template. Word is never actually seen by the end user...the Word Doc is just printed out on the users local printer.

However this is causing errors....

I want to find a solution that enables us to do this without the need for Word on the server.

I've looked at WordWriter by Softartisans but the system requirements are a problem...

We would prefer to use existing Word templates but I'm considering/researching the possibility of outputting the file as a .pdf or postscript...

Any ideas/suggestions?

Cheers
Re: problems with webutil.alternative solution? [message #86853 is a reply to message #86837] Wed, 10 November 2004 23:03 Go to previous message
Charlie
....unfortunately I do not know what errors occur using webutil....I hope to find out soon.

However it seems it may be better doing this on the server using ORDCOM.

Can anyone please provide futher info on this. And would others agree ORDCOM is my best bet?

I have spoken to my manager...and apparently problems have occurred in the past using COM components. I am continuing to investigate.....but if anyone has any further comments or suggestion I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Previous Topic: Execute a Procedure Using EXEC_SQL Package
Next Topic: URGENT!Two image columns are not updating through forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 15:38:07 CDT 2024