Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Send data to another Pc in Network from forms6i
Send data to another Pc in Network from forms6i [message #86655] Sun, 17 October 2004 19:10 Go to next message
shalauddin
Hi All,
I want to do the following thing I am using forms 6i and oracle 8.1.5 and my present system is client/server.

Block-Requisition (on the Pc of Technician)

Parts No Parts Req.date Req.time Rec.date Rec. time
0001 Lub Oil
0002 Air filter
003 Fuel filter

This block of Data will be shown on the Technicians Pc and when ever they select the particular parts on the block and press the button the Req. date and the Req. time will be filled from the sys date and time as well as it will be shown on the pc of parts Division and the block of the data in parts division will be same (Example: like the technician selected parts no 0001 and 0002 and pressed the Button and It showed on the block on Parts Division.

Block-Requisition (on the Pc of Parts Division)

Parts No Parts Req.date Req.time Rec.date Rec.time
0001 Lub Oil
0002 Air filter

My intention of doing is that when the technician will make requisition for the parts and immediately the requisition will be shown on the pc of Parts division and immediately parts guy will prepare the parts and from making the requisition time between 5 or 6 minutes they will collect the parts.
The block on the Parts Division will be fixed and always they will for the parts requisition.
Can I do it.
Please help me.
Regards,
Shalauddin
Re: Send data to another Pc in Network from forms6i [message #86658 is a reply to message #86655] Sun, 17 October 2004 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Hi,

The first thing that I can think of is pipes.
Let the form in the Parts-division check a pipe every once in a while. If there is a message -> popup.
The form the Technician uses sends a message to that same pipe, indicating a change in requirements.

Another option (smoother) might be AQ. ( http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/aq/index.html )
Never used it myself, but it was kind of designed for this I believe.

hth
Re: Send data to another Pc in Network from forms6i [message #86755 is a reply to message #86655] Thu, 28 October 2004 02:55 Go to previous message
J.S.Rajkumar
Hi

Let me suggest a what we are doing in this scenario

you can send a mail to the particular user informing him about the Request being created.

Its very easy to send a mail from Form

Thanks
Previous Topic: Installation of D2k
Next Topic: delete all list elements temporarily
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 15:52:11 CDT 2024