Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » BLOB used to store image in 9i through forms 6i is causing problem
BLOB used to store image in 9i through forms 6i is causing problem [message #86631] Thu, 14 October 2004 23:57 Go to next message
Muhammad Asif Faheem
Tool: Oracle Developer 6i
RDBMS(working OK): Oracle 8i (8.1.5)
RDBMS(causing problem): Oracle 9i (9.2)

I have an application developed in Oracle Developer 6i. One of the forms captures the snaps of the applicants, the datatype being used BLOB. It works fine with Oracle 8i (8.1.5).When tested with Oracle 9i (release 2), the same form gives message "Transaction complete: 1 record applied and saved". But when searched or queried later, the fields of other datatypes are displayed, but the image item of datatype BLOB shows nothing (no snaps). I tried to check the size of BLOB column using VSIZE() but it didnt work.
Re: BLOB used to store image in 9i through forms 6i is causing problem [message #87418 is a reply to message #86631] Sat, 01 January 2005 06:50 Go to previous message
Yahya
We have the same problem that we partly resolve it
by the use of DBMS_LOB package. We must transfer images to the server before loading them.
Now, sometimes it works perfectly and in others the system abort and gives us an error message about the temporary file.
Any news from your side??
Previous Topic: How to get the number description
Next Topic: how to increase output area when we run form in oracle 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 13:05:22 CDT 2024