Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » very urgent - new to oracle forms
very urgent - new to oracle forms [message #86629] Thu, 14 October 2004 22:55
rama rao
hi,

thanks for the help...

i am using oracle 9i forms developer. i am using the following database in which i have only one table named deptmast(DEPARTMENT MASTER) in that i have only two fields those are deptno and deptname;

in the forms i am using the control block having the four push buttons named add, modify, delete and close. and also i have one list box, two text boxes, the list box name is lstdeptno and the other two are txtdeptno and txtdeptname, in the WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE i have written the following code in red :

declare
 numdeptno deptmast.deptno%type;
 cursor numdeptnoent is select deptno dn from deptmast order by deptno;
 lst_index number := 0;
begin
 SET_ITEM_PROPERTY ('deptmaster.txtdeptno', displayed,           property_false);
 clear_form(no_validate);
 for i in numdeptnoent
  loop
   lst_index := lst_index + 1;
   add_list_element('deptmaster.lstdeptno',lst_index,to_char(i.dn),i.dn);
  end loop;
end;

this is working fine.

and in the add button i want to refresh the list box so that the new value get appered in the list box (here i am entering the  new value in the text box while making the list box visible to false and text box to visible to ture and entering the value there) how can i make this??

and also i want to do the same with delete button press for this i am selecting the value from the list box and pressing the delete key the record related to it is got deleted but the value in the text box is not clearing how can i do that.

please help me ..................

Previous Topic: start form per desktop icon
Next Topic: forms : sort column by clicking on column-head
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 15:19:30 CDT 2024