Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » plzz look this. urgent.new to oracle forms developer
plzz look this. urgent.new to oracle forms developer [message #86603] Wed, 13 October 2004 05:26 Go to next message
Adi
hi,

thanks for the help

I am using oracle forms developer 9i. i want to validate the text item how many ways can i validate and how to validate them.

i know some of the validations but i dont know how to validate. i am saying the validations what i know. those are

checking the text box whether it is null while inserting it into the database and if no entries prompting the user to enter the value in it. and until it get entered the user should prompt to enter the value.
if at all the user want to enter the char's in place of the integers the application should not allow the user to enter the char's. the same with the integers.

etc.,

please give some code help on this
Re: plzz look this. urgent.new to oracle forms developer [message #86617 is a reply to message #86603] Thu, 14 October 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
You may add When-validate-item trigger on your field & perform whatever validation you require.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: plzz look this. urgent.new to oracle forms developer [message #86620 is a reply to message #86617] Thu, 14 October 2004 02:51 Go to previous message
Adi
thanks for help i will try this..
i want the user to restrict from entering the numbers or other special characters. can u give an example for this.

thanks for the help
Previous Topic: How to assign values to Concenated Variable
Next Topic: cresting landscape reports in vb
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 15:15:56 CDT 2024